To protect, restore and celebrate the St. Croix River and its watershed.
As we work with others in the watershed, we will:
Our Core Functions
In recent years, we’ve seen a surge of interest, with citizens and organizations stepping up to do their part for the river. However, current efforts are often fragmented and lacking in the resources needed to be effective. The SCRA is the only existing organization with a watershed-wide scope able to focus on both sides of the river and both the upper and lower portions of the basin. The SCRA is positioning itself to influence for the significant resources needed to achieve results.
We will work in partnership with others, to perform the following core functions:
Land conservation: We work to protect and restore important natural and scenic areas along the river and throughout the watershed by partnering with land protection organizations.
Water quality protection: We focus on improving water quality, recognizing its interconnection with land use.
River corridor and watershed stewardship: We engage people in educational, recreational and volunteer stewardship activities that give them the understanding and motivation to advocate at the local, state and national levels on behalf of the river’s values.
Celebration: TheSt. Croix River watershed is a national treasure. We live, work and play in theSt. Croix River watershed because we love the place, and we celebrate that love at every opportunity.
1. Advocate on behalf of river and watershed protection in a variety of forums.
2. Mobilize a broad-based constituency of support for the river and watershed.
3. Inform and educate about watershed stewardship.
4. Celebrate success.
5. Secure resources to sustain our work and achieve goals.
6. Build a strong organization.
Goals and Strategies
1. Advocate for river and watershed protection.
2. Mobilize a broad-based constituency of support.
3. Inform and educate on watershed stewardship.
5. Provide resources to sustain our work.